Fine Art/Robert Owen Litho Print

I recently came across a Robert Owens litho of "Pondering" it has his signature at the bottom right and it is framed and in excellent condition.  on the bottom of the litho is states:

No. 583 Own Publishing 5x7 copywright IRA ROBERTS PUBLISHING, INC 1976 Litho USA

My grandfather was also a clown and followed Red Skelton, Emmit Kelly and the like, I was wondering if this Litho is worth anything?  I probably will keep it, but i was just compelled today to buy it.  It cost me $3.25 so i just like the litho and bought it to display next to my grandfather in his hobo clown get-up.  My grandfather was 2nd choice to Willard Scott to be the first Ronald McDonald clown's are special to me. Can you please help?  Any info you have on the litho would be great, i cant seem to locate a copy of it on-line.  Thanks so much.

As advertised, I do not follow the print market.  But a quick perusal of auctions over the last few years confirmed my suspicions that even Robert Owen's original oil paintings, large ones, do not fetch enormous sums at pubic auction.  Colorful, imaginative, fun pictures that are in good shape and larger than 30" bring but three or four hundred dollars.  A small lithographic print might certainly be worth the $3.25 you paid.  On the other hand, what price can you put on the memories of a cherished relative?  I hope you display your print in a spot where you can see it every day and smile because of it.  Keep smiling.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration