Fine Art/Surin Painting

Surin Painting
Surin Painting  
Hi there,

Please could you help me identify the artist, it was given to me by my late grandmother. It is a oil painting on canvas and signed Surin. I have been trying to find out who the artist is now for almost a year. The signature looks similair to Jean - Paul Surin except that the N is in caps. I would really appreciate any assistance.

Nicky , what you have here is known in the trade as a "starving artist painting". These paintings are made in China and Russia and then shipped over to the USA and other places where they are purchased for someone who is looking to decorate their homes. Not as an investment. The prices for these paintings vary from $25-$500 Retail.  

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University