Fine Art/Wm J Edmondson painting

Sunny Autumn
Sunny Autumn  
My grandfather owned a painting that was recently passed on to me, he passed away 20 years ago.  He and my grandmother were art lovers, he did pewter work and was involved in the May Shows at the Cleveland Museum of Art.

It is signed Wm J Edmondson, on the back it has a sticker label I presume Vilas Mages Chicago(some of it is missing) with the number 2195-3 and the title "Sunny Autumn."  It is an actual painting but its not canvas, I presume oil on a board.

I was able to find very little online about the artist, though I did find some info on the Cleveland Artists Foundation website.  Was wondering if you can tell me anything about the painting, if it would be worth anything (not selling, just curious) or anything about the artist.

Here is some info about the artist I had gotten from ASKART.
I did find a price for a fall landscape of Ohio for $600. His California scenes and portaits of women do better at auction. If there is anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to e-mail me. I am always interested in purchasing quality works of art. Sincerely, Joe.
1868 (Norwalk, Ohio)
- 1966 (Pasadena, California) Pennsylvania/Ohio / France figure, portrait, landscape and still life painting

Commemorative Exhibitions
* Panama Pacific Exhibition of 1915

* Easel Painting
* Plein Air Painting

* Oil Paint
* Watercolor, Watercolour

* Impressionism Before 1940

* Figure, Figurative
* Landscape
* Portrait
* Snowscene, Winterscape
* Still Life

Geography/Places Lived and/or Worked
* California Before 1940
* Europe
* Paris Studied Before 1900

Some Exhibitions
* Art Institute of Chicago
* Cleveland Museum of Art
* Corcoran Gallery, Washington DC
* Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts

* Edmond Aman-Jean
* Jules-Joseph Lefebvre
* Robert Vonnoh
* William Merritt Chase

* Academie Julian, Student
* Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Student

* Early 20th Century Before 1950
* Late 20th Century After 1950

Added Description
* Snowscene Specialty  

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University