Fine Art/2 paintings

Question
The two paintings that we have were handed down to us from my grandmother. She received them from her sister in Milwaukee, Wisconsin  approximately 1910 or before. One is about 11 inches wide and 19 inches tall. The name in the lower left corner says M Goodman, followed by either 1902 or 1002. It shows a young woman, in a long dark dress, standing next to a open book, which is on top of a chest. She is reading a letter to a young girl who is looking at her over a waist high wall.
The second painting is approximately 30 inches wide and 19 inches tall. It is enclosed in a additional frame. The name on the botton left corner is Sydney Muschamp. The painting shows two women, seated across from each other. A younger woman is looking over the shoulder of the woman on the right, and all three are looking at a very young girl, who is pulling a toy dog at the end of a rope, who is in between these women. These paintings were given to my mother, who in turn has given them to me, with the intent of giving them to our children. Any ideas if these are real paintings or reproductions?

Answer
Dear Timothy,

I will take a look at the paintings and signatures and see if I can help. Please send clear high quality jpeg images of the entire front, back, and close ups of the signature and any other writing on the art; front and back. Also include the size of the art. They may be reproductions on heavy card stock or canvas so try to get a close up of the paintings details. Email to dolly12@aol.com.

Please include your original question in the body of the email and allexperts in the subject line.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley