Fine Art/2 paintings

The two paintings that we have were handed down to us from my grandmother. She received them from her sister in Milwaukee, Wisconsin  approximately 1910 or before. One is about 11 inches wide and 19 inches tall. The name in the lower left corner says M Goodman, followed by either 1902 or 1002. It shows a young woman, in a long dark dress, standing next to a open book, which is on top of a chest. She is reading a letter to a young girl who is looking at her over a waist high wall.
The second painting is approximately 30 inches wide and 19 inches tall. It is enclosed in a additional frame. The name on the botton left corner is Sydney Muschamp. The painting shows two women, seated across from each other. A younger woman is looking over the shoulder of the woman on the right, and all three are looking at a very young girl, who is pulling a toy dog at the end of a rope, who is in between these women. These paintings were given to my mother, who in turn has given them to me, with the intent of giving them to our children. Any ideas if these are real paintings or reproductions?

Dear Timothy,

I will take a look at the paintings and signatures and see if I can help. Please send clear high quality jpeg images of the entire front, back, and close ups of the signature and any other writing on the art; front and back. Also include the size of the art. They may be reproductions on heavy card stock or canvas so try to get a close up of the paintings details. Email to

Please include your original question in the body of the email and allexperts in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.