Fine Art/Artist Identity

Mr. Evans:
I've a beautiful oil that we bought in a Tijuana art gallery in the late 60s (in the Navy). It is a winter scene with a barn surrounded by large lovely firs (#10), snow everywhere, a small stream, and falling snow throughout the entire picture. It's 16 x 20, and is signed in red, lower left corner in a clump of small firs ... "Woodson".  No first name or initial as is used by Everett Woodson. How can I identify this artist?
Thank you for your time and expertise.

Hello Lynda,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with an artist by the last name of Woodson.  However, I searched through a few art databases and can perhaps recommend that you try searching "Marie L. Woodson" and "Max Russell Woodson" to see if their styles/signatures might match those of your artwork.

I can also recommend trying

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University