Fine Art/Degas - SMB Oil on Board Painting

Question
Degas Painting
Degas Painting  
Dear Expert,
I purchased this oil on board painting at a Estate Sale. It seems
to be a reproduction of a Edgar Degas famous painting. The back of
the board reads: Fulton Canvas Board. It is quite lovely and in
very good condition. Signed: Degas / SMB (lower right). I would
love to have your opinion or any comments you may wish to share.
The estate was in Hilton Head, SC for a very wealthy Boeing family
member. I wish I knew more about it's history or age. Thank you in
advance.
Kind Regards, Chris

Answer
Dear Chris,
It is likely as you said; a reproduction of a Dega painting by an artist with the initials SMB. He/she was attributing the image to Degas. I am not familiar with a known artist by the initials. Perhaps it was painted by a family member or friend. Wealthy estate sales/auctions that have valuable art collections will separate the investment from the decorative art and send the high end work to a major auction house and not include it in the general estate sale. It is a beautiful painting. I hope you are enjoying it in your home.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley