Fine Art/Edmund Adler painting "the snowman"

Edmund Adler
Edmund Adler  

Edmund Adler
Edmund Adler  
My husband brought home a large painting signed by Edmund Adler.
I believe it is oil, and the signature looks authentic from the research I have done. It does have a stain of some kind. Is there anything you could tell me about this painting.

Diana B.

Dear Diana,
I hope you are doing well. You have a vintage (probably mid century) reproduction print after the original painting by Adler. His original paintings were oil on canvas and would not require glass for framing. I found another on the net that sold recently for $160. Many good quality reproduction works on paper have value, but condition is everything when it comes to old prints. It sounds like yours may have some water damage. You may want to consider removing the existing backing and mat to help conserve it. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

The other one sold on the Goodwill auction site. Your options for selling the print on the secondary art market would be auction sites such as ebay; or free classifieds such as ebay classified, Facebook, Craigslist, etc. Once again, condition is very important in old prints.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.