Fine Art/Everett Woodson

Question
I have a painting signed by Everett Woodson 16"w X 30"h,barn, winter
scenery,snow and a tree in front.I could send a pic. pls I would appreciate your input. His signature is on the left side (as u look at the painting )thank U,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Carlo

Answer
Dear Carlo,
I hope you are doing well. The best way to get an estimate of the current market value of your painting is to find a similar painting in size and subject. As with many artists, the asking prices for the artist's work is "all over the place", from hundreds to thousands. I found a winter farm scene of approximate size of yours that is currently on eBay. I have inserted the links below. According to a short bio on Ask Art his larger paintings are considered more desirable:
"Everett Woodson was born September 3, 1933 in Independence Missouri.  He is known for his "barn" paintings.  The central theme of his paintings are barns in different types of settings, seasons and locations.  Collectors of Woodson's work often will seek particular settings or certain seasons over others.  His very large oil paintings are especially prized."
As with all art, the ultimate value of a painting is what the buyer will pay. Your painting would be considered medium to large in size.
Kind regards,
Dolly

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Everett-Woodson-Oil-Painting-Primitive-Barn-Winte  

Dolly D Headley