Fine Art/information on a painting

I was wondering if you could help me. I recently acquired a
painting signed by Robert Eric Moore. The name of the painting is
Florida Marsh.It has a label on it that says Hobe Sound. Then
Artist  Robert Eric Moore
Title   "Florida Marsh"
Medium   Acrylic
Price    $1,500.00
It also has a paper label on the frame it is worn, but basically has the same information. I cannot send a picture as I do not have a printer. It is signed his name, printed.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Darlene e-mail  

Robert Eric Moore is a listed American fine artist. Born in 1927, died in 2006, he primarily painted scenes along the Maine coast.  I see one large oil on canvas, winter scene, a bit different from anything else he catalogues that fetched over $1,000 at public auction a few years ago.  But generally, his works are not overwhelmingly popular at auction, often passed at auction, but sometimes selling for a few hundred dollars, sometimes more, depending on the artwork.  If a dealer has a sticker price of $1,500 on a work, I would estimate you could expect to receive not much more than $400 - $600 at auction, and don't forget you would pay seller's fees on top of this.  

As to his works, they are generally quite lively characterizations of the coast. His watercolors are attractive, often in a blue/grey palette and a tinge of cubist element to them.  Several oils that are catalogued are big, bright landscapes.

You will find a little more about the artist at this page:

I suspect Moore may have relocated south in his later years, and now you have a Florida picture, in Florida!  Most of his works were executed in New England, and many New England auction houses that deal in coastal artwork (Julias, Eldreds, Blackwood/Marsh, Thomaston Place) have offered his pictures.

I hope you enjoy your artwork. Hang it somewhere that you might enjoy gazing upon it every day!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration