Fine Art/Is my oil painting by Jenkins worth anything?

Hi there. I here recently have came across an oil painting that is very pretty by the way it is sighed by an artist named jenkins on the back it has a certificate of Authenticity the name of this piece is called Golden pedals, the certificate is from a company by the name of Royal Art, ltd. out of Hollywood Ca. I looked for this company and cannot find it. So my question to you is how can I find out if this is worth anything?

Dear Danielle,

I hope you are doing well. I looked up the last name of Jenkins and there is more than one listed artist with the same last name. Unfortunately, without a first name it is difficult to tell you who the artist is. Even with the first name the artist may not be listed in an artist directory.  I have seen other paintings from Royal Art and their COA's are fairly generic as they do not have the artist's full name. Royal Art, Ltd., was a corporation formed in the seventies specifically to market low end affordable art they would acquire from unknown artists. They have been shut down by the state of California for unknown reasons, but it canít be good. If the technique is good and the image pleasing; the painting may have value even without knowing the artist. The value would be whatever a collector is willing to pay.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.