Fine Art/painting

I have a painting that I think is an oil painting. It is in a beautiful wooden frame. Aprox 35" x 32" with frame. It is signed in the lower right hand corner Walt.
It is of a mountain; creek and some woods. Very colorful.
We live in New Castle Indiana and bought the painting in an estate auction a few years ago. We bought it in a small surrounding city.
I am on a Kendall right now but could send you a picture by text or email later.
Trying to find out anything about this painting and artist. If there is any value for the painting or frame. Frame really is unique.
Thank You so much for your time!

You are fortunate to be near Cincinnati, home to
a number of very fine art galleries. I recommend you
shoot 3 digital pictures of your large artwork:
1. Full front side (hold camera steady at picture center)
2. Full back side
3. Closeup of signature block

Send the digital pictures to any or all of these 3 galleries
in Cincinnati.  If they show interest, take them the artwork!

1. Treadway/Toomey Auctions
2. Cincinnati Art Galleries
3. Eisele Gallery of Fine Art

There are one or two listed American artists named "Walt" though
not prolific, and I might suspect that there could be more to the
signature block underneath the frame edge?  A dealer or gallery
owner could help you with this.  Don't be disappointed if your
"Walt" is not a known artist.  Most...most...framed art is reproduction
decor.  And most fine artists typically will sign artworks with both
first and last name.  

But if you like the frame, and the colorful painting...enjoy it!
Hang it in a place where you might see it every day!  Good luck!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration