Fine Art/Painting value

Question
Sadgirl
Sadgirl  
Hi!my name is Amanda and i own a paint of a sad girl in a rainy day holding a newspaper on top of her head. The paint is sing by Ozz Franca on the lower left corner and 1962 on the right. I would love to know the name of the painting and if it has any value? Thank you!

Answer
Dear Amanda,
I hope you are doing well. Ozz Franca painted dozens, or even possibly hundreds, of sad eyed children. There are a limited amount of titles one can give this many images so most of his paintings and prints of this subject are not titled and given more of a descriptive name. Yours may be "Sad Eyed Girl in Rain". Many of his paintings of children were made in to prints and mass marketed. I cannot tell if yours is original or a print, but if you go to eBay or Google and do a search for Ozz Franca, you will see many examples of similar prints/paintings and the values people have placed on them. I checked his original oil pricing and it is all over the place, but generally an original of your paintings size and subject would be in the $2000-3000 range. However as with all art, its value is in the eyes (and pocket book) of the beholder buyer. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley