Fine Art/Picasso "Harlequin on Horseback"

Harlequin on Horseback
Harlequin on Horseback  
Hi, sadly my granddad recently passed away, while sorting through his belongings I found this large, framed picture titled "Harlequin on Horseback" Picasso. On the back it has a sticker at the top that says the name, artist, date 1904, from the art collection of Henry L Mermod, Laussant, Switzerland. I know its very unlikely that this is the original but do you think this is worth anything..? Hope you can help. Thanks,

The kinds of comments you describe on the back are common with low end production art. When a museum store creates a poster, they tend to list the info about the original work on the back, and of course that confuses people becuase they think the comments are about the print they own. I am in the high end market, so if the print has an original Picasso signature, I'd want to take a look at it. I cannot tell from the image alone, the piece would have to be examined. I have sold many Picasso signed prints, I have never sold one of these specific prints before.

Best regards,

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.