Fine Art/R. Ross

Question
Ross
Ross  
Hello,

I bought a small piece that is painted on some sort of cloth. It was framed so when I took it out I realized it was not on a typical canvas paper. It feels like a velvet or something along those lines. Anyway it is painted on this cloth and signed R. Ross. I have attached a photo. Do you know anything about this artist?

Answer
Dear Tara,
I do not recognize the artist and without a first name I cannot look him/her up in my artist books. I did find several other paintings of similar style by the same artist on eBay. I will give you the links.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ThriftCHI-Folk-Art-Painting-by-R-Ross-of-Woman-Framed-w-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ART-Americana-Primitive-THEOREM-PAINTING-Colonial-Little

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley