Fine Art/R. Ross

I bought a small piece that is painted on some sort of cloth. It was framed so when I took it out I realized it was not on a typical canvas paper. It feels like a velvet or something along those lines. Anyway it is painted on this cloth and signed R. Ross. I have attached a photo. Do you know anything about this artist?

Dear Tara,
I do not recognize the artist and without a first name I cannot look him/her up in my artist books. I did find several other paintings of similar style by the same artist on eBay. I will give you the links.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.