Fine Art/Raoul Dufy

Raoul Dufy
Raoul Dufy  
I have come into ownership of a watercolor painting signed "Raoul Dufy". I could not find any references online except for the similarities of a horse racing theme. The painting is 16 x 20 in. appox. on 1/8" stock. The back is blank except for the numbers: 12985 and corrosion stains from staples around the edges. It does not appear to be a print but I'm no expert. Any help is appreciated before I bring it to NYC

Hello Robert,

Unfortunately, I do not have the authority to authenticate a potentially unique Dufy painting.  The only person who can is Fanny Guillon-Laffaille.  I recommend that you contact her directly. Please find her information below:

Fanny Guillon-Laffaille
4, Avenue de Messine
75008 Paris France
T: +33 (0)1 45 63 52 00
F: +33 (0)1 45 61 92 91

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University