Fine Art/A. Sehring Painting

Question
Picture
Picture  
Good afternoon,

I was wondering if you could help me. My mother-in-law has decided to sell a piece of art that she has had for over 30 years. It is a signed painting by A. Sehring called "Repose".

It does not look like a print as you can see texture rather than a flat print.

Could I ask what you think from looking at the photo? If it is an original, do you know an approximate value?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Mark Hewitt

Answer
Dear Mark,
Your mother-in-law's painting is by Russian born artist Adolf Sehring. His work is collected worldwide and children in particular is one of his themes. I checked his website and did not see a limited edition print that looks like your mother's painting so I will assume it is an original. The artist has various original oil paintings of children on his website and the prices start at $19,000 for the 12"x 16" paintings and $49,000 for the larger 24" x 30" ones. Measure the canvas size without the frame. Here is the artist's website section of children:
http://www.adolfsehring.com/children_originals2.html
You can contact the artist through his website and ask him to authenticate it for you. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley