Fine Art/signature on painting?

I bought an oil painting on canvas at an estate auction. I do not know if it was an American or European painter. I was hoping you could tell me as much as you can about the painting. Hopefully the artist. I can not tell from the signature. There is nothing on the back of the canvas.

I can't tell anything by the signature, but it looks
to me like a scene from the 'old world', quite possibly
Russian from the look of the onion-domed spire.

Trinity Auctions in Avon, CT or Gene Shapiro in NYC
handle quite a bit of Russian fine art. Both are found
easily on the internet.  Hope that helps at least a little.

Have a great day and enjoy your art!  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration