Fine Art/Ackerman artist

Ackerman watercolour
Ackerman watercolour  

artist signature
artist signature  
I see you have had a prev inquiry about "ackerman", but when I tried to use the link yuo provided to them , the link didn't work any longer. The signature is the same, and the style is consistant.
Do you have any other inforamtion about this artist,
first name, area they lived, when he painted?
I am hoping to find out whether I should insure this piece?

Hello Diane,
The artist is California painter Frank Ackerman. I have his biography posted for you below. You can search for his work on the internet (often there are some of his paintings on ebay), to get an idea of value. Usually between $400-1000 for watercolors.

From Los Angeles County Arts website:
Frank Ackerman (1933-1986) was a prominent watercolor artist who attended the Chouinard Art Institute and was President of the National Watercolor Society in the early 1970s. His designs have been exhibited at many galleries and museums including the Legion of Honor in San Francisco and the National Academy of Design, New York. Ackerman joined LA County’s Graphic Arts Department after working as a County architectural draftsman and illustrator. He headed the County Graphics Department between 1973 and 1980 and then became the Chief of Museum Exhibit Services at the Museum of Natural History. Ackerman also traveled to the South Pole as an official Navy artist in the 1960s.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.