Fine Art/Altdorfer painting or print

Question
I purchased this picture and didn't think anything about it.  After years of hanging on my wall, I rediscovered how much I liked this picture.  Today I took it down and looked on the back, the lable says
 Catalda Fine Arts, Inc. New York, N.Y.
    7632
    Title  Landscapes
    Artist Altdorfer
    Frame No.  M564
    Order No.  6063
Just wondering if this is recorded anywhere, and if it is a print.  Does it have a value?

Thank you for your time and concideration.
Elaine

Answer
Dear Elaine,
The artist you reference is Albrecht Altdorfer (c. 1480 - February 12, 1538). He was a German painter, engraver and architect during the Renaissance. He was an outstanding member of the Danube School where he often painted biblical and historical scenes. I cannot tell what you have without seeing it, but if it is in color it is likely a reproduction and have only decorative value. If it is in black and white it may be an original woodcut engraving. If you think it is an engraving you may want to take it to a local museum or art specialist for verification. His engravings range in value up into the thousands, depending on condition and rarity. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley