Fine Art/Cheval Rouge

Question
I found what is think if a March Chavel signed lithograph--
Cheval Rouge and taped to the back of the picture in an envelope is a " Certificate of Authenticy "
the name  for the picture
The certificate is from the
Rennisiance Fine Arts
2184 Warhill
Univeristy Heights, Ohio

The person who signed it was  Corneal ??  ( very hard to read )
and it is dated  09 11 1978

Could you plesae tell me what ever you can about this picture and if it is worth anything

Thank you and regards

Christine Gaia Hopper

Answer
Hello Christine,

You are probably referencing the artist Marc Chagall.  He does have an original print with the title you are mentioning.  However, it is an original collotype, not a lithograph.  An example of this print along with a brief biography on Marc Chagall can be found on the below link:

http://www.masterworksfineart.com/inventory/3691?view-work

If this does not look like the work that you possess, he does utilize the imagery of the red horse in a few of his original lithographs. It is difficult to know what you might have without an image.  Please send over a picture if possible so that I may assist you further.

If you can find information on the gallery that it came from, I can perhaps also recommend that you contact them to see if they might know more about the work.

Best,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans