Fine Art/Degas?

Question
Full Frame
Full Frame  

Close up
Close up  
Hello,
I have a picture that I believe to be by Edgar Degas. It appears to be either a pencil sketch with pastel colouring or maybe a Lithograph with pastel colouring. In the bottom left hand corner there is stamp in red of the artist signature that ive since learnt was done to all un-signed pictures in his studio after his death that where to be sold.
My question's are, could it be anything other than an original? is it worth anything? and how would I go about getting an appraisal?
The picture has been on my bedroom wall for the past 25/30 years so I guess im not In a mad rush for any answers but I look forward to your reply. If you require any more information or photos please email me your request.
Sean Parsons

Answer
Hello Sean,

I do not believe this to be an original print by Degas, as I have browsed through his catalogue raisonne of printed works and could not locate this piece.  It could be a reproduction. The only way to know if it might potentially be a drawing is to contact one of the below experts.  Only they have the authority to authenticate a potentially unique work by Degas:

1.  Sylvie Brame
E: galerie@gbl.fr

2.  Theodore Reff
T: (212) 864-6683
E: tfr2@columbia.edu

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans