Fine Art/Edwin Douglas

Question
I have two, what I believe to be, water color paintings of Edwin Douglas' paintings of SARK and ALDERNEY. I think they are water colors because it is possible to see and feel the texture of the paint. They are not prints. They are in old frames with old backing boards. It is possible to see the Edwin Douglas signature but there is no other identification unless it is under the frame border. They look to be late 1800's.
They are both in excellent condition.
Would it be possible for you to tell me the value of these and any information about them.

Answer
BB -
Edwin Douglas (1848-1914) was a British artist who specialized chiefly in animal portraits. Often beloved pets in the arms of owners or standalone.  Most of his works are oils.  Impossible for me to put a value to a picture I have not seen, don't know the size, quality or condition, etc.  I'd recommend you assemble as much information as possible and consult local auctioneers in NH such as Ron Bourgeault at Northeast Auctions in Portsmouth or perhaps The Cobbs in Peterborough.  Trust either for a fair estimate.

I wish you luck.  

Stuart Cartwright