Fine Art/Erte serigraph

Hello Andrew-

We have what we believe is an original Erte artist proof-framed
with glass.

Titled "The Curtain" produced in 1977 limited edition of 300.

Signed in pencil on the right and E.A. on the left.  It
is not numbered.  

Research on the internet shows that prints are selling at various
prices, but can't find anything about the value of an artist

Can you help?  Thanks in advance.

Hello Gina,

I am not particularly familiar with Erte's prints, but generally speaking, artist proofs are comparable in value to works numbered from the edition.  I browsed through a few art databases, and it looks like "The Curtain" goes for auction at approx. $400-$600.  In my opinion, your artist proof would probably be worth something along those lines.  

I recommend reading the following article regarding Artist's Proofs for further information:

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University