Fine Art/Hans Thoma Portfolio

Question
Lonely Ride
Lonely Ride  

Colored Print
Colored Print  
I recentcly aquired Hans Thoma Portfolio . This has 21 prints 5 of which are colored. There is also a booklet in german that has two loose pages that has prints on both sides. I google translated what was on the front of the booklet and this is what came up. Edited com, art waiting and Munchen Be Im George DW Callwey art publishers waiting.
It looks like Hans Thoma signature on the front underneath a self portrait. On the portfolio cover there is a written name Hans Geilinger, Weichnachlen(Christmas)1910.

I think these may be mezzotints based upon the velvety black color.artist signature in print
I have numerous photos of these prints.I would like to know what kind of prints they are and a guestimate of value if possible. They are beautiful. Thanks.

Answer
Dear Donna,
I located numerous portfolios of the artist work online and it is difficult for me to tell you exactly what you have without seeing it personally. I checked auction records and his prints often sell for several hundred dollars depending on the print type. The writing at the bottom of these prints tells me they are probably not original prints. The publisher, George DW Callwey is still in business in Germany so your prints may be a modern copy of the original. I would take them to a local museum or fine antique/art dealer and have them give you an assessment on what they are. You may also want to contact the publisher via the internet for more information. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley