Fine Art/Harlequin and Pierrot print

Question
print
print  

label on cardboard behind print
label on cardboard beh  
Hi..I wanted to know if I should pursue an appraisal?  I found the attached print at a garage sale.  The label on the back of the frame says Burrison Art Gallery (Phila). Appears to be ink and on very heavy textured paper (10 x 8 1/2). The print appears to be the reverse of the print on the website below. The attached print is actually more beige (aged) then appears in the image.
thanks so much for any info you can provide!!

(other image is labe on the cardboard  that was behind the print)

http://www.clevelandart.org/exhibcef/picassoas/html/5610561.html

Answer
Hello Barbara,

In my opinion, this work looks like a reproductive print with no real collectible value (decorative only).  There are three reasons I believe this:

First, Picasso's signature looks completely different than it should.  Please reference the below link to view a close up of his actual signature:

http://www.masterworksfineart.com/inventory/3249?view-work

Secondly, the wording on the label "Modern Classic Series | #98 Harlequin & Pierrot" sounds like reproduction terminology to me. Perhaps you can contact Modern Classics Inc if they still exist to find out a bit more information?

Third, I have browsed auction records and catalogue raisonnes and cannot find mention of this work anywhere, leading me to believe it is a reproduction with maybe a $25-$50 value at most.

Sorry to not be the bearer of better news.  I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best,

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans