Fine Art/Identify Californial artist monogram

Painting full picture
Painting full picture  

Signature on Calif. painting
Signature on Calif. pa  
Hi there,
I have been trying off and on for years to identify the signature on this California painting. It has the E.B.Courvoisier art gallery label. I will be happy to send more detailed pictures as requested.
Thanks so much!

Dear Vincent,
The initials on your painting looks like TK to me and that is what I researched. I checked my monogram books and listings for an artist that would fit your painting, but I cannot find anything relevant. The photos are difficult to see, but it looks like a very good piece. The Courvoisier Art Gallery was considered a high end avant garde gallery that opened before WWII. The gallery director during the pre-war years was Jay McEvoy, a San Francisco socialite and art dealer. I have dealt with items from his estate in the past. The gallery later became the sole source of cartoon art from the Disney studio. I did some research and the gallery carried many important artists of the day such as Peter Hurd, Millard Sheets, Jean Varda, Abraham Rattner, Charles Howard, Adaline Kent, DeWitt Peters, Frederic Taubes, Thor Heyerdahl, Micaela Martinez D. Mendelowitz, Ethel Mundy, Justin Murry, George Post, Jacques Schneir, and Porter Woodruff.
In summary, I believe the painting is worth further research. You may be able to contact the modern Courvoisier Gallery to see if they have records of the entire group of artists who showed work at the gallery in the past. Unfortunately, without a full name this is the best that I can do. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.