Fine Art/Information concerning artist of oil painting on canvas

Full picture of painting
Full picture of painti  

Artist signature
Artist signature  

I am interested in learning more about a painting I bought in Washington State.  On the back is a sticker that says, "Another original oil painting from Life-line Enterprises, San Diego, CA.  The size of the painting is 24"x36" with a price of $95.00.  The artist name on the front looks like Vick Usery.  I just love the way the light plays off this painting.  I would like to know anything about the artist, value, etc.

Thank you for your time,

Amber Reeves

Dear Amber,
I was not able to locate a company by that name, but I am fairly certain it is an import company that brings paintings in from China for "starving artists" shows. The paintings from these shows are usually signed with an English name as a pseudonym for the artists real name. Just to be sure I checked all of my artist listing records and there is not an artist by that name, so this may well be one of those paintings. There are very talented artists who paint in quantity for export, but their work is considered decorative. The value is probably close to what is on the back of the painting. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.