Fine Art/Information concerning artist of oil painting on canvas

Question
Full picture of painting
Full picture of painti  

Artist signature
Artist signature  

I am interested in learning more about a painting I bought in Washington State.  On the back is a sticker that says, "Another original oil painting from Life-line Enterprises, San Diego, CA.  The size of the painting is 24"x36" with a price of $95.00.  The artist name on the front looks like Vick Usery.  I just love the way the light plays off this painting.  I would like to know anything about the artist, value, etc.

Thank you for your time,

Amber Reeves

Answer
Dear Amber,
I was not able to locate a company by that name, but I am fairly certain it is an import company that brings paintings in from China for "starving artists" shows. The paintings from these shows are usually signed with an English name as a pseudonym for the artists real name. Just to be sure I checked all of my artist listing records and there is not an artist by that name, so this may well be one of those paintings. There are very talented artists who paint in quantity for export, but their work is considered decorative. The value is probably close to what is on the back of the painting. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley