Fine Art/Montague Dawson

Dear Mr. Evans,

My husband and I acquired a framed print of Montague Dawson that was handed down from his grandmother.  On the lower left it has, "Montague Dawson" in cursive, in the center bottom it has, "Copyright 1933 by Frost S. Reed, LTD (of Bristol England) in the United States of American. And in the lower right, it has "Montague Dawson" in cursive. We haven't ever taken it out it's frame and appears to be in really good condition.  Any thoughts on what the value might be?  

Many Thanks,  

Wendy Wilde
Ashfield, MA

Hello Wendy,

Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with this artist's work.  However, I did search through a few art databases, and, assuming that you have an original print by Montague Dawson, his prints appear to sell for around $75 - $200 at auction.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University