Fine Art/Oil Painting....a belgian seaside

Question
Belgian seaside
Belgian seaside  
QUESTION: Hello Mr Lombardo, i aquired this little oil a while back, i was wondering if maybe you could read the signature, its of a Belgian seaside, there are references to someone having received it as a wedding gift in 1952, maybe its just an ordinary artist who lived at the time, still, i'd love to know more. Im a fine artist and teacher from Durban, South Africa. Many thanx, Steve Shooter.
my website... stephen-shooter.artistwebsites.com

ANSWER: Hello Steve;
In order to help you further, I will need a good - clear, "close up photo" of the signature.
Then, I may be able to ID the signature and perhaps tell you a bit more, about the painting. I look forward to seeing the image.
Take care.
David.

signature
signature  
QUESTION: Thankyou so much for the reply David, its very kind of you, heres a pic i just took....regards Steve

Answer
Hello Steve;
Having checked "ALL" the  track records of  any references belonging  Flemish and Dutch artists in the period 1850 -1960, using the name of  -  D. (Boon). t x x x x x  - does not show up - anywhere.
The work is therefore by an artist with a very low profile  i.e. invisible, and therefore, I am unable to trace this particular artist.
These sorts of paintings, with mysterious signatures are really quite common.
This lack of an "ID on the work", does not in any way - detract from it own merits.
It therefore remains a coastal landscape of the period - and is still perfectly saleable, or just to have on the wall, in its own right.
It may well be a scene painted  somewhere in and around “Knokke” in Flanders. This area played host to a generation of post - war artists, film makers, theatre people, and important modern writers such as Françoise Sagan.
I hope that the answer, is not too disappointing for you.
Take care.
David

D. E. Lombardo