Fine Art/original oil by van.lod

Good morning; I have just found this painting of paris by artist van.lod and am trying to tind something on heim the lable on the back was from Merrill Chase in Chicago and there is a pencil marking on the stretcher 60 sans cadre paris 1967.
I just fell in love with this painting as soon as I saw it.
Any assistance on this artist will be greatly appreciated

Hi Fred,
Are you sure it does not say Van Loo? There are several listed artists by that name and none as Van Lod. It might be helpful if I see the entire painting and a close up of the signature. Please send clear high quality jpeg images of the entire front, back, and close ups of the signature and any other writing on the art; front and back. Also include the size of the art. Email to

Please include your original question in the body of the email and allexperts in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.