Fine Art/Painting

Lighthouse Painting
Lighthouse Painting  
Would you know the artist that signed this painting and the circa?
There are a few Hutsons that come up when I searched the internet.

Thank you.

I can tell you this is NOT the work of any listed fine artist.
Not Bill, Charles, Ethel, Marshall or Victoria Hutson.  

I believe you have a quickly manufactured artwork designed specifically for the tourist trade.  One that was likely first sold at a seaside resort town.  One dead giveaway: Fine artists rarely sign with a single, showy, last name signature.  This is usually the hallmark of a commercially manufactured piece.  If you are looking to cash it in, try putting it out on eBay.  Don't ask a lot.  You can judge price by other similar works strewn across eBay.

Best of luck.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration