Fine Art/Painting Identification

Question
Unknown Painting
Unknown Painting  

signature
signature  
I am trying to ID the artist and scene of this painting. I only know that my parents received it as a gift from an uncle who was German in 1951.

Answer
Dear Paul,
It is difficult to read the signature from the image you posted, but it looks like it is Stelio. There is a landscape artist with similar style named in the auction records that is listed simply as J. Stelio, 20th century. I cannot locate other information on the artist, but maybe you can continue your research with this information. I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley