Fine Art/Painting Identification

Unknown Painting
Unknown Painting  

I am trying to ID the artist and scene of this painting. I only know that my parents received it as a gift from an uncle who was German in 1951.

Dear Paul,
It is difficult to read the signature from the image you posted, but it looks like it is Stelio. There is a landscape artist with similar style named in the auction records that is listed simply as J. Stelio, 20th century. I cannot locate other information on the artist, but maybe you can continue your research with this information. I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.