Fine Art/Picasso 11.23.57.

Question
Picasso
Picasso  
Authenticity
Authenticity  
QUESTION: Andrew,
Attached are several images of a lithograph I purchased 30 years ago. Could you please give me a bit of info other than what I have found on the internet.
Thanking You in Advance

ANSWER: Hello Bruce,

This lithograph is entitled "La Petite Corrida" or "The Small Bull-Fight" from 1957.  It is an original lithograph in 4 colors: yellow, blue, red, and black.  It was printed in two editions aside from a few artist's proofs. The first was an edition of 2000 printed for XXe siele, Paris and the second was an edition of 50, hand signed and numbered.  I cannot see a hand signature or number in this picture, so I would assume that yours might be from the edition of 2000.  Works from this edition sell for approximately $500 - $800 at auction, while works from the numbered/signed edition of 50 sell for anywhere from $3,000 - $5,000.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best,

Andrew Evans

Picasso2
Picasso2  

Authenticity
Authenticity  
QUESTION: Andrew,
Thank You very much for your prompt response.
I bought this at a yard sell 30 years ago and have attached a couple of other images. I am sure it is not 2000 because I have had it for many years before that. I look forward to your response and your advise. Thanking You again in Advance.
Bruce Holland

Answer
Dear Bruce,

Please accept my apologies - when I say 2000 I do not mean the year 2000. I meant that 2000 copies of this print were created for the edition, so your work would likely be one of 2000 prints made for the XXe Siecle, which I believe was a Belgian newspaper.

Hope this helps!

Andrew

Andrew Evans