Fine Art/picasso

I have a picasso, The lady was a smoker i got it from so the tiny spots you see are from her smoking. Is that repairable?  Can you tell me anything about this picture and what the value might be if any. I had bought it for 50.00 It is numbered in the lower Lh conner 7/23, its 8in wide  10.5 in tall.Thank you for any help you can give.

Hello Billy,

In my opinion, this looks to be some sort of reproductive work, probably worth the value that the paid for it. To my knowledge, Picasso did not create works in editions of 23, and the large printed signature across the middle seems uncharacteristic of his original prints.  Regarding the spots, you could try to get the work cleaned by a conservator for removal, but given the value of the work, this might not be worth the cleaning fee.

Sorry to not have better news.  Hopefully you can enjoy the work for its decorative value.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University