Fine Art/Print Identification

Question
Geo Washington Print
Geo Washington Print  

Geo Washington Print
Geo Washington Print  
I'm trying to identify what appears to be a print. It has been in the family for many, many years. It looks very similar to the painting "The Home of Washington" by Rossiter and Mignot but with a number of differences.

Any idea what this is?

Thank you!

Answer
Dear Mike,

It appears to be a second version of Lafayette greeting Washington at his home. I checked the artist listings of the engraver Thomas Oldham Barlow (English, 1824-1889), who did "The Home of Washington", after Thomas Pritchard Rossiter (1818-1871) and Louis Rémy Mignot (1831-1870),but did not see a listing with this particular print.
I cannot tell you exactly what you have without personal inspection, but you MAY have a colored engraving by Barlow after Rossiter and Mignot. I cannot see the back of the framing, but the print may need to be removed from exposure from acidic framing material. There may also be more information on the print. Key work searches for this piece would be: Thomas Oldham Barlow engraving, mezzotint, Washington and Lafayette. You may want to take to a local dealer/expert to get confirmation on the type of print. If in good condition and an original Barlow engraving, the print could have a secondary market value between $300-600. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly
headleyfineart.com

Dolly D Headley