Fine Art/Aldo James

I have a large oil painting signed Aldo James, is it a valuable painting? I was considering selling it.

Dear Brenda,
Aldo James is not listed in any of my artist reference books and online. I found a painting by him for sale online for $100. Skinner, a major auction house had one of his paintings and they did not have information on him either. They had him listed as 20th Century American and estimated the paintings value at $200-300. I don't think it brought the estimate. To answer your question; I don't believe his work is valuable at this time.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.