Fine Art/Aldo James

Question
I have a large oil painting signed Aldo James, is it a valuable painting? I was considering selling it.

Answer
Dear Brenda,
Aldo James is not listed in any of my artist reference books and online. I found a painting by him for sale online for $100. Skinner, a major auction house had one of his paintings and they did not have information on him either. They had him listed as 20th Century American and estimated the paintings value at $200-300. I don't think it brought the estimate. To answer your question; I don't believe his work is valuable at this time.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley