Fine Art/Currier & ives Prints

Middle age
Middle age  

Summer in the Country
Summer in the Country  
I have 3 Currier & Ives Framed Prints. The largest one is about 10X13 & is titled only "Middle Age" not the four stages of life?
the smaller ones are titled only "Summer in the country" and "the snow Storm" I have found similar prints but they all have additional words in the title. the Large one also says "Drawn by Parsons and Atwater" I hope you can give me some kind of a clue as to their value?  thank you for your time!!! Have a Supper Wonderful Day!!! Mac

Hello Mac,

Unfortunately, I do not particularly specialize in Currier & Ives prints.  However, I browsed a few online art databases to research the values of these works.  The Snow Storm looks to go for around $500-$700 at auction while Summer in the Country goes for around $200-$300.  Regarding the Middle Age print, examples that I found from the Four Stages of Life look to sell for around $500-$1,500.  However, if yours is not from this series, I am not exactly sure what the value might be...Perhaps I can recommend trying Bonhams at for more information.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University