Fine Art/Dali "Statue of Liberty"

My father-in-law worked for the AMC (AMerican Merchandising COrp.) in NYC in the 1960's. He believes AMC commissioned all or part of a series of NY scenes that were later used in an exhibit titles "The Dali Voyager Exhibition" (1989).
AMC commissioned the pieces to be made into lithographs and sold wholesale to AMC stores like Bloomigdale's for sale to the general public.
When AMC closed in May 1970, they found several lithos in the warehouse. These were distributed to corporate officers (which my FIL was one of) and he chose two of them. He gave one to my husband and I and still has the other.
Ours is "The Statue of Liberty". It is signed in pencil and on the bottom left is written, "E.A. XII/X"
I see from a previous question you answered EA is an abbreviation for a french term meaning, in English, "artist's proof".
Do you think this is valuable? My husband hung it in his office and I am concerned about the sunlight fading the orange on it (I am sure you know this etching had a good bit of orange drawing on it). Thanks for any info you can provide. The other litho is of central park and has a horse and buggy. I don't know how it is numbered. MY FIL still has it.

I'd like to talk to you more and I have a suggestion for you about preserving the background of these works. I have to log in here to check messages, so its better for me if you can email the same question along with images (if you have them) to <-- my email

Best regards,

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.