Fine Art/John Williamson oil paintings

Marcus wrote at 2014-06-04 16:25:52
Dear all,

I am researching this artist and would be interested to see photos of the pictures and signatures concerned. He was English and his pictures for the most part depicted scenes in Sussex, Hampshire and Kent. He is not known to the major galleries in England and is often confused with the American artist John Williamson (1826-1885). All the best Marcus.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration