Fine Art/Help Identify Artist

Mr. Cartwright,
I recently acquired an original painting. It is 24X48. Could you please tell me if you recognize this painting or signature. It is a very beautiful painting that is very well done. I attached a picture of the painting and the signature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am out on a limb here with a virtually unknown artist, but this is possibly Gunter Seekatz.  You might wish to contact Stair Auction Gallery in Hudson, NY and ask specifically about the piece in their Jan 2011 auction marked LOT #407.  Send your pictures to Stair. Art databases have precious little about this artist, (born in 1928) other than this single lot, a large landscape that hammered at $175, far below asking price.  Best of luck.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration