Fine Art/M. Oliver Parker (Rae) painting

Hello, I found an M. Oliver Rae painting of a beach landscape, and the size looks about 6X18 inches. I was just looking for some information about it. The only information with it is a piece of cardboard that says "Mull and Craft--Cornwall M. Oliver Parker (Rae). I was just looking for some history and maybe an idea of what it'd be worth. I don't want to sell it, but I was curious. Also, the back of the painting says "With The Season's Greetings and Sincere Good Wishes." Thank-you.

Dear Rachel,

Update on information 9.22.2012:

I received the following by email that may be alternative information for your painting:

I am writing from England about the artist 'Mabel Oliver Rae' 'also known as Mrs Mabel Parker'. I was trying to discover exactly when she went to the Slade School of Art and was curious to find a site describing her as having the dates 1848-1900. I can confidently confirm that the artist involved was my grandmother. She was born Mabel Oliver in 1868  and later became Mrs Mabel Parker (she died 1956). 'M. Oliver Rae' was a fabricated pen name with which she signed her etchings, and by which she contrived to deceive the art dealers in Oxford and Cambridge to whom she sold them, that she was a man! Heppers in Cambridge, when they discovered this, confirmed that they would probably not have bought from her if they had realised the truth.

In your response to a query through AllExperts (7.3.2012) you quote the above mis-information, presumebly put together by someone innocently searching for someone born with the name Mabel Oliver Rae, found only one and assumed it must be the artist.

I would be gald if you could contact Rachel and advise her of this alternative information.

With kind regards,

Chris Parker
<end quote>

They offered to discuss your painting further. Contact me at dheadley@headleyfineart if you would like their contact information.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.