Fine Art/Marcel Mouly lithograph

Framed Mouly Lithograph
Framed Mouly Lithograp  

Marcel Mouly
Marcel Mouly  
Pencil signed and numbered color lithograph on Arches paper by listed artist Marcel Mouly , titled "Les Echecs. Signed in the lower right, the piece is 195 in an edition of 275. The piece is  mounted in a reeded and gadroon detail gilt gesso over wood frame with matting. Includes a certificate of authenticity from Park West Gallery.Size is  23 1/4 x 22 1/4" at the frame, the paper measures 12 7/8 x 11 7/8. Can you tell me a value and how collectible Mouly Art is?

Dear Donna,
It is a beautiful lithograph. Marcel Mouly died in 2008 so whatever is out there is it for his original signed prints. I checked the secondary market and prints such as yours average $3000-4000. There are a lot of his prints currently available on the secondary market, so personally I would hold off selling his work until the market settles down and his work becomes less available. I believe he will remain collectible investment type art; but you can never be 100% right on an artist's enduring value. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.