Fine Art/Who is the painter?

Question
picture
picture  
Thank you for your time to take a look at my question. I hope this is an American painting. Several years ago, my family bought a painting from a neighborhood garage sale. It has no information provided except the signature of letter G and H connected together in the right corner, looks like a fish bone. My sister said she once saw this signature on an antique show, however, she did not remember the name of the painter. If you could be so kind to answer my question, in any case, if this signature is famous enough to recognize.

Answer
Amarus,
As you might imagine, 99.9% of garage sale finds are not pictures of much monetary value.

My first impression is that you have a nice picture to hang on a wall, likely by a commercial illustration artist of the mid twentieth century, but not a listed American fine artist. Art databases list over eight hundred known fine artists with the intials "GH", most of whom have executed only a few artworks, but are chiefly unknown.

If you are looking to cash in the picture, I'd suggest an eBay auction. You can check there for pictures of similar quality, size, etc.  

And certainly you have a very nice picture which you might well enjoy gazing at every day, should you keep it.  Hang it prominently (but out of direct sunlight!)

Stuart Cartwright