Fine Art/Possible Raoul Dufy Painting

Question
I have a painting signed by Raoul Dufy. It seems to be in the original frame and there is no dot pattern when viewed under a loupe. Would you be able to or know whom to contact about authenticating it and an estimated value of it? Thank you kindly.

Answer
Dear Belinda,
I recommend starting with the major auction houses who should be able to give you an estimate of value. This will help with deciding to proceed with what can be an expensive process; authenticating the work of a modern master such as Dufy. Since selling the painting would probably be through one of these auction houses, I would ask them what they would accept as authentication of the painting. You do not want to spend a lot of money having the painting authenticated only to find none of the houses or art agents accept the authenticity. Cristies and Sothebys handles a lot of his work. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly
headleyfineart.com

Dolly D Headley