Fine Art/Possible Raoul Dufy Painting

I have a painting signed by Raoul Dufy. It seems to be in the original frame and there is no dot pattern when viewed under a loupe. Would you be able to or know whom to contact about authenticating it and an estimated value of it? Thank you kindly.

Dear Belinda,
I recommend starting with the major auction houses who should be able to give you an estimate of value. This will help with deciding to proceed with what can be an expensive process; authenticating the work of a modern master such as Dufy. Since selling the painting would probably be through one of these auction houses, I would ask them what they would accept as authentication of the painting. You do not want to spend a lot of money having the painting authenticated only to find none of the houses or art agents accept the authenticity. Cristies and Sothebys handles a lot of his work. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.