Fine Art/Print

Question
Have a print 20 3/4x16 3/4h. Title: the harbor,Artist:Vincent Frame No.:SA 207 Order No.3024 (Catalda Fine Arts, INC. N.Y.)
Please can you tell me more and what is its value $?
Thank You very kindly.
Norby

Answer
Hello Norby,

Catalda Fine Arts produced reproductions of famous paintings or paintings by famous artists during the mid-twentieth century. Unfortunately, the work that you have by Catalda is likely a reproduction with only decorative value (no real collectible value). Catalda Fine Arts has a somewhat marred reputation, as they were involved in litigation for many years regarding copyright violations to the images that they produced.

The values can vary on these Catalda works based on factors such as the desirability of the image, the artist, size, condition, and framing.  They tend to range from $50 to a few hundred if the work is in excellent condition and nicely framed.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans