Fine Art/Watercolor by Reeks

Question
I have no knowledge of Fine Art, but I'm hoping you can assist me with a little information.  At a yard sale, I purchased 4 small pictures (approximately 4 x 6).  They seem to be very old.  The frames are falling apart.  They appear to be watercolors with bold, bright hues.  The subject matter looks like it could be from the state of LA.  Only 1 of the 4 has a name on it...that is J. Reeks.  The only information I could find was about another artist with the name of Reeks, but no mention of the "J".  I was wondering if you knew of the artist and if they are worth restoring, in your opinion.  Or should I throw them out with the old broken frames?

Answer
Dear Sissy,

I was not able to find an artist with that name and initial in any listings. They may be vintage paintings from a street artist in New Orleans who would have more local notoriety. Are you certain the first initial is a J? I will take a look at the pictures and signature and see if I can help. Please send clear high quality jpeg images of the entire front, back, and close ups of the signature and any other writing on the art; front and back. Also include the size of the art. Email to dheadley@headleyfineart.com.

Please include your original question in the body of the email and allexperts in the subject line.

I would not throw away original art.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley