Fine Art/What do I have

I have attached a picture of a print I received as a gift from my brother. He found it a shop in Montreal.

The top left hand corner says "REPRODUCTION RESERVEE S. P. A. PARIS

The top right has these numbers 24188

Bottpm left PABLO PICASSO and under that at the very bottom left has S HERRMANN NEW YORK

In the center at the bottom is has

The bottom right says LES EDITION BRAUN ET CIE, PARIS

under Picasso's signature on the print is the number 23 hand written

The print is approx 22' by 16"

I would be thankful for anything you can tell me about this print

It has the earmarks of a low end decorative print.

The types of works we sell here by Picasso as an example, all have to have a hand signature, a hand written edition number and all have to pass inspection with known Picasso experts. To authenticate a legit Picasso print can sometimes cost up to 1K. Instead of one long number, our prints are numbered 10/50  or  21/150 as examples.

We see alot of low end museum store prints online these days. The older the prints become, the more collectable, but once again that is a different market than the one I work in.

Best regards,

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.