Fine Art/What do I have

Question
Picasso
Picasso  
I have attached a picture of a print I received as a gift from my brother. He found it a shop in Montreal.

The top left hand corner says "REPRODUCTION RESERVEE S. P. A. PARIS

The top right has these numbers 24188

Bottpm left PABLO PICASSO and under that at the very bottom left has S HERRMANN NEW YORK

In the center at the bottom is has
ARLEQUIN
HARLEQUIN
MUSEE DE BALE

The bottom right says LES EDITION BRAUN ET CIE, PARIS

under Picasso's signature on the print is the number 23 hand written

The print is approx 22' by 16"

I would be thankful for anything you can tell me about this print

Cheers,

Brenda

Answer
It has the earmarks of a low end decorative print.

The types of works we sell here by Picasso as an example, all have to have a hand signature, a hand written edition number and all have to pass inspection with known Picasso experts. To authenticate a legit Picasso print can sometimes cost up to 1K. Instead of one long number, our prints are numbered 10/50  or  21/150 as examples.

We see alot of low end museum store prints online these days. The older the prints become, the more collectable, but once again that is a different market than the one I work in.

Best regards,

Dan

Dan Twyman