Fine Art/What is this????

When my mother passed recently she left this picture rolled up in a tube, my scanner is not big enough to scan the whole thing but it is not big, its on yellowish parchment paper, Entire sheet is 46x33.5cm and the etching on it is about 37.8x27.5cm. Its a rather shall we say robust lady sleeping on her stomach, sorry the scanner cut of her head, I cannot read the writing on it and it appears to be backwards or mirrored. and it marked as 290/500.
Any help you can provide would be great.
If you think it might be worth something to someone I can pay for an appraisal and maybe you can point me to someone who can market it. If its not worth anything let me know too.
I live in Alaska, and so not much in the way of Art connoisseurs here so I thought I would try the Internet
Thank you for taking the time to read this
Peter Michael

The works I have sold by Picasso were all limited edition prints, some dating back to the 1940's. One thing they seem to have in common is the low edition size. The last print I sold was from an edition of 50 prints, It is common to see edition numbers below 150 from most 20th Century Masters. In many cases printing plates were re-used to create what are called "afters".
One way to identify an after is a backwards signature. Also when I see a larger edition like 500, it is an indicator that the art is low end or collectable only, not investment grade.
Of course I have not examined your art in person and these comments are based on internet images. You have to determine if it is an estate print or what it's origin is to know better.  Hope this info is helpful.

Best regards,

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.