Fine Art/Art Print - Value or None?

We found a painting. There is a carriage with a couple sitting in it with Just Married and under that it looks like it says Mr. & Mrs. H Rueber.  There are animal couples all over the painting, two monkeys on a fence post with a sign below them that says, "just escaped from the monkey house", on the back seat of the carriage there is a sign that says, "Half Past Supper Time" and below that it looks like chalk of a baby.  There is a sign above sheep that says "all the world loves a lover."  There is a little stamp (seal) like oval - "Gesetzlich geschutzt."  Sig in the lower right corner, Mr. & Mrs. H. Rueber.

Dear Cheryl,

Looks like a charming image. I will take a look at the painting and signature and see if I can help. Please send clear high quality jpeg images of the entire front, back, and close ups of the signature and any other writing on the art; front and back. Also include the size of the art. Email to

Please include your original question in the body of the email and allexperts in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.