Fine Art/Assistance with identifying a painting possible sale

Upclose of Signature
Upclose of Signature  

Front 1
Front 1  
Hello Dolly,

My grandmother gave me this painting about 3 years ago and since it has been hanging in our family's living room, and since they remodeled the painting is no longer needed, since I lost my job a few months back I'm a bit stripped for money and I need to pay some debt off unfortunately.
Anyhow I have a 40" width by 50" height painting. I believe it's an oil painting because it has rough marks on it, I can't clearly read the signature but it either says Erwin or Ernist possibly I'm not sure. It's a painting of a forest that includes a bridge, a gazebo, a pond, several trees, and several bushes made out of various colors. I will upload a few photos for your opinion, please let me know what you think, and what you come up with I'd surely appreciate it. Also I'm sorry for the poor quality I brought it out of its box into the kitchen and took a few photos since that area has the most light.

Dear Joseph,

I will take a look at the painting and signature and see if I can help. Please send clear high quality jpeg images of the entire front, back, and close ups of the signature and any other writing on the art; front and back. Also include the size of the art. Email to

Please include your original question in the body of the email and allexperts in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.